|The arts, culture and recreation mission is to work with the public and community groups to make available a full range of artistic, cultural and recreational activities to improve the quality of life for all residents and encourage the emergence of a harmonious environment.|
Arts and Culture
The artistic and cultural life of the City of Clarence-Rockland is growing at an impressive rate. Lovers of arts and culture are becoming more numerous and bringing new vitality in the region.
In recent years, the City of Clarence-Rockland has implemented several tools aimed at promoting the cultural life of the region. Here you will find these tools and their description.
- CLARENCE-ROCKLAND MUSEUM: The Clarence-Rockland Museum opened on April 29, 2010 and is located in the former École Ste-Famille at 687 Laurier Street, Rockland. Click on the link to get all the relevant information.
- COMMUNITY GROUPS AND PROGRAMS: Check this page to know which community group or program is available in the region.
- CULTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE: Founded in 2009 following the recommendations of the cultural study, the cultural committee oversees the promotion and maintenance of culture in our region. Click to see the objectives, responsibilities, structure and current members.
- CULTURAL POLICY: By developing a cultural policy, the City of Clarence-Rockland recognizes that arts and culture is important to its identity and is vital for a better quality of life for the community. It fosters a sense of belonging and pride in its citizens. Click the link to view the policy.
- CULTURAL STUDY 2009: At the request of Municipal Council, a cultural study was conducted in 2009 to assess the cultural needs of the community. Click the link to consult the study.
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAM : To allow the development of the artistic and cultural sphere in the area, the City of Clarence-Rockland offers its support to non-profit organizations working in arts and culture. Click the link to know the details of the program.
- OPTIMISTE PERFORMANCE HALL: Inaugurated in 2009, the Optimiste Performance Hall offers an ideal place to bring the community together and to facilitate the cultural and artistic initiatives in the region.
The City of Clarence-Rockland features excellent facilities that keeps our citizens and their families entertained.
- ARENAS: The City is proud to offer 3 ice surfaces and one concrete surface to its population. Visit this page to find the skating and shinny hockey schedules as well as more details about renting the facilities.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES: Community groups are very active in our city. Check our Community Calendar to see what's happening in your community.
- RECREATIONAL AND CULTURAL COMPLEX (YMCA/YWCA): Since 2008 the City is proud to offer its citizens a multifunctional complex. THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY! Consult this page for further details.
- FESTIVALS AND EVENTS: The City organizes major activities during the summer season. Click on the link to get all the information.
- PARKS: The City is proud to offer the use of 16 recreational parks throughout the municipality. Consult this page in order to get all the information concerning each park.
- COMMUNITY HALL: The City is proud to make available six community halls to its residents. Click on the link to get all the details regarding hall rentals.